About the job
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Degree (honours would be a plus).
• Master's degree would be a plus.
• Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge of financial reporting matters.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant.
• IT literate, ideally with some experience using accounting packages and excellent Excel spreadsheet skills.
• Highly professional attitude when working on challenging assignments in a deadline-driven environment.
• Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Fluent in a second language (a plus).
You will take charge of a portfolio of corporate clients supervising a team of 3-4 highly skilled colleagues (Associates and Senior Associates). Reporting directly to one of the Partners, this role presents an exceptional opportunity for rapid career advancement, both in terms of technical expertise and business acumen, with the potential to ascend to the position of Partner within our Group.
You will be responsible for the following activities:
Training and Supervision:
• Provide training and guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring their professional development.
• Supervise the bookkeeping work carried out by junior colleagues, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
• Supervise VAT returns and computations prepared by junior colleagues, ensuring compliance and accuracy.
• Review comprehensive infra-annual Management Accounts prepared by junior colleagues, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Prepare comprehensive Reporting Packages for clients, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Prepare year-end Accounts, including financial statements and disclosures, adhering to accounting principles.
• Prepare Corporation Tax Returns, ensuring compliance with tax regulations.
• (Optional) Preparation of Consolidated Accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness of consolidated figures and intercompany reconciliations.
• Engage in tax and accounting advisory work as required.
• Research and analyse complex tax and accounting issues.
• Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and precision.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines effectively.
• Ability to lead and supervise a team, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Proactive and adaptable, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Professional demeanour and ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Enhanced Compensation Package
• Competitive annual gross salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience [to be confirmed with Partners].
• Performance-based annual discretionary bonus.
• Comprehensive benefits package [to be confirmed with Partners].
• Flexible remote working options, allowing up to two days of remote work per week.
• Financial support available for your professional development, including funding for technical courses, master’s degrees, or LLM degrees aligned with your area of expertise.