About the job
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Degree (honours would be a plus).
• Master's degree or LLM in International Tax would be a plus.
• Qualified as a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Adviser.
• IT literate, ideally with some experience using databases for tax and accounting research.
• Highly professional attitude when working on challenging assignments in a deadline-driven environment.
• Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Fluent in a second language (a plus).
As a Tax Manager, you will play a pivotal role in a team of 3-4 colleagues, taking ownership of a portfolio of high-profile personal and corporate clients. Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage and develop a portfolio of UK and international tax cases for high-net-worth individuals (e.g. UK resident "non-dom" planning, owner-managed businesses, entrepreneurs, and internationally mobile private clients).
• Provide expertise and support in the area of international tax, advising clients on cross-border transactions, transfer pricing, and tax-efficient structuring of international operations.
• Offer tax strategies related to international mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, and expansions.
• Collaborate with local tax counsels in other jurisdictions to address cross-border tax issues and ensure compliance with international tax laws.
Research and Analysis:
• Conduct research on changing UK tax and international tax laws and regulations.
• Analyse and interpret tax changes, providing insights and recommendations to senior colleagues and clients.
• Stay updated with industry developments and trends to ensure accurate and relevant tax advice.
Team Mentoring and Development:
• Participate in the growth of the tax team by mentoring and developing junior team members.
• Share knowledge and provide guidance on tax regulations, best practices, and technical aspects.
• Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and precision.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines effectively.
• Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team.
• Proactive and adaptable, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Professional demeanour and ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Enhanced Compensation Package
• Competitive annual gross salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience [to be confirmed with Partners].
• Performance-based annual discretionary bonus.
• Comprehensive benefits package [to be confirmed with Partners].
• Flexible remote working options, allowing up to two days of remote work per week.
• Financial support available for your professional development, including funding for technical courses, master’s degrees, or LLM degrees aligned with your area of expertise.